I am happy with the way it is turning out so far, However, There are two problems I am running into that are keeping me from progressing.
First, Unreal has some problems with the way it handles transparency so I am stuck with opaque water until I can find a good way to fix the transparency issues.
Second, I managed to get the waves to crest but I cannot seem to get them to crash back down in a convincing way. I have tried using a few different methods but non of them look the way I want it to.
Here is a bonus picture of my nightmare shader that I use to test new ideas.
|And this is the cleaned up one...|